Skip links

Recovery Property Unlawfully Held By Another

If you feel another has possession of your property and you’d like to get it back, don’t take the law into your own hands. Contact an Orange County eviction attorney about your best legal options.

Pre-Judgment Possession

There are a variety of circumstances in which a property owner may need to recover possession of personal or real property from another. Sometimes, vehicles or other tangible items may be borrowed and not returned. You may have cosigned a loan with personal property as collateral, and the other party now refuses to make payments. When a property owner can prove to the court that he or she has a valid claim over the property, the judge may grant a Writ of Possession (Replevin) ordering its return which law enforcement can then serve.

Post-Judgment Possession

If you’ve won a judgment against another in civil court and seek to have property returned, your Orange County eviction attorney can walk you through the process. In an eviction, the order of possession will be served on the tenant after final judgment in the event he or she refuses to move. Options are also available to force a sale of personal property in order to satisfy a money judgment.

It’s important to follow the law rather than trying to recover property through self-help methods. Let a qualified attorney help you understand how to proceed.

Trust your case to an experienced Orange County eviction law firm. To schedule an appointment with the offices of Schiff & Shelton, Attorneys at Law, call (949) 417-2211.

Return to top of page